I just finished a new noisy instrument, combining a voltage-starved distortion pedal and a function generator. Read more about it here
I've started building an audio-sampler in stompbox-format. The basic idea is to be able to easily play audio-samples on-stage.
Check out the project-page here. There's not too much information there at the moment, but I'll update shortly.
At last my compressor unit is finished! The knobs are in place, and the resistor in series with the VU meter lamp is mounted. The only thing left is whether I want to engrave the front plate, but I'll try to use it for a period and figure out whether it's worth it. After all, I have to dismount all the pots, switches and the VU meter, let alone the engraving-process itself (which I have never done before). We'll see.
I calibrated the G1176LN unit yesterday night and performed my first function test, compressing some tracks in Cubase.
It works REALLY well, especially with some tracks with accoustic guitar we recorded with my band recently 😀
What remains is to mount the PCB and toroid transforme. I'm also waiting for a power resistor and replacement lamp for the VU-meter. I managed to f**k up and not take in consideration that the VU Lamp output on the PCB puts out ~35VDC and not 12V the lamp is rated for... oh well, you learn as you go...
I'm getting there... got the 19" enclosure and have started drilling/dremeling holes in it and fitting the components. Status so far:
I've started building a 1176-clone based on Gyraf Audio's fantastic work.
The PCB is almost entirely populated, and while I'm waiting for a 19" enclosure, I'm doing what I can.
Will put up a project page in a little while.
Another project finished; an Arduino emulating a USB keyboard, sending keyboard shortcuts meant for Steinberg Cubase. Check out the project-page here.
After tinkering with Joomla for a long time, I found out it was better and more convenient to have a simpler and less complex solution for my dominion of geekishness. Enter WordPress!
I've finished my Arduino Thermostat project. I've published the source code now, and pictures and pinouts will come soon.
The main changes in the project is that I decided to use a couple of 74HC595 and 7-segment displays tin combination with a 3-way switch to show the low-threshold temperature, current temperature and high-threshold temperature.